Peppermint bark is an American Christmas classic.
It looks like Christmas, it tastes like Christmas, and it smells like Christmas. The only thing that makes peppermint bark a pain to make is that it often requires a lot of pans, dishes, and time.
But our microwave recipe will give you a gourmet pan of peppermint bark in a few minutes…and just as few dishes.
Here's what you need:
- One 16 oz bag of milk chocolate
- One 16 oz bag of white chocolate
- A box of candy canes
- Peppermint extract
- a jelly pan
Here's what you do:
- Pour milk chocolate into a bowl and microwave for one minute, stir, and microwave again, until it's all smooth and melted when mixed.
- Pour milk chocolate into the jelly pan, and put it in the refrigerator to solidify.
- While the milk chocolate is in the fridge, start smashing the candy canes into small pieces. Sometimes it helps to roll over them with a rolling pin, but everyone has their own methods.
- Next, start melting the white chocolate. White chocolate is much more temperamental than the milk chocolate, so melt it 30 seconds at a time and stir well between each melt. White chocolate also burns, and becomes clumpy easily, so keep an eye on it.
- Once the white chocolate is melted, add a teaspoon of peppermint extract (more or less, depending on how pepperminty you want it).
- Pour the while chocolate over the milk chocolate, and sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top.
- Put the tray back in the fridge until the entire combination is solid again.
- Crack the peppermint bark in an uneven pattern, and put it on a dish to serve.
Et voìla, easy, delicious peppermint bark.